FIELD TRIP: Learn How To Farm For FREE
Welcome to the Bright Neighbor Community Learning Farm. We are helping rebuild local soil systems and can use your help!
We offer lessons on vermicomposting every Sunday at 1pm at our community farm. We use restaurant and private home food scraps to rebuild soil through vermicomposting. In addition to growing worms and living soil, we decided as a community what crops are to be grown this year.
Unlike other farms, we do not charge money to teach you the skills you need. Every Sunday at 1pm:
WHAT TO BRING:
– Clothing you can get dirty
– Shoes or boots that can handle wet dirt
– Shovel (Not a spade, bring one of the long ones)
– Gloves (optional)
– Your bucket of food scraps for the worms (no meat or dairy please)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
– Rainwater catchment – How to make living soil
– Vermiculture basics
– Permaculture basics
– How to work with other farming students
For Parking: When heading down SE Hogan, take a left onto McNutt road to the farm entrance. We’ll meet up and head in together.
Added by Randy on Apr 4, 2010
WhenSun, May 9, 2010
- 7912 SE Hogan Road